As If Theatre’s First Short Play Festival! – Submissions Page
Who can resist a Quickie?
As If Theatre Company presents The Kenmore Quickies, our first annual festival of short plays.
As If seeks 8 local playwrights to participate in the Kenmore Quickies. Each writer will be tasked to write a short play (no more than ten pages). The prompt will be taken from a portion of The Kenmore Mural Project which can be found at 7304 Bothell Way NE, on the side of the St. Vincent de Paul building. Each playwright will be randomly assigned a portion of the mural as their specific prompt at the May 6th kick-off event. Pre-selected directors and actors will be randomly assigned to writers at this time.
- play must be completely original and written within the timeframe outlined by festival
- writer must live within 60 miles of Kenmore WA
- play must be no more than 10-minutes in length
- PG-13 rating so that families can join in the fun of this festival
Writers must be able to follow the below timeline:
May 6, 2019 – Attend Kick Off Event where each playwright will randomly select their specific prompts, and directors and actors are assigned to writers. It’ll be a fun party celebrating the start of the festival.
May 27, 2019 – Final draft is due to As If Theatre Company for review and distribution to directors, cast and crew.
July 26-28, 2019 – Festival (not mandatory for writers to attend, but we’d certainly like them there)
Interested playwrights should apply by submitting a writing sample (preferably comedic) of either a short play or an excerpt from a full-length play, by April 12, 2019. Writers will be announced April 26, 2019.
* The Kenmore Mural Project (KMP) was designed and produced solely by A. Gaul Culley (Amber) and Staci Thompson Adman, in partnership with St. Vincent de Paul, and of course plethora community volunteers to celebrate the lives and experiences of the builders and stewards of Kenmore.
DIRECTORS AND ACTORS!
We’re also seeking 8 directors and 12 actors to complete this production. Directors will participate in the audition process (date TBD). If you think you’d like to get in on the act, let us know!